Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Being Unreasonable

I am in a holding pattern right now. It the last work day for me before Xmas, and I am impatiently waiting for my webhosting company to finish preparing my space so I can launch my beautiful new site (created by Kevin Broome).

In the meantime here are a few inspiring quotations taken from the beginning of "The Power of Unreasonable People, How Social Entrepreneurs Create Markets That Change the World" by John Elkington and Pamela Hartigan...

"Being unreasonable is not just a state of mind. It is also a process by with older, outdated forms of reasoning are jettisoned and new ones conceived and evolved.... like it or not, the world is in the early stages of powerful, deep-running, and pervasive changes that, for better or for worse, will transform its economies, its cultures, and people's understanding of who they are and what they stand for."

As for social entrepreneurs...

"Their endeavors are transformative, not palliative, with the power to catalyze and shape the future. And once you know where to look, you find them at work almost everywhere..."

No comments:

Post a Comment